Permits within the Town of Spring City
229 Front Street, Spring City, TN 37381
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
With the exception of “For Sale” or “For Rent” signs and nameplates indicating name and house number, all new signs whether permanent or temporary must have a sign permit which shall be issued by the Town of Spring City.
No building or structure shall be erected and no existing building or structure or part thereof shall be reconstructed, moved, or altered; nor shall any land, structure, or building be used except in conformity with the Town of Spring City’s zoning regulations specified for a district in which it is located. A building permit is needed in all cases. Please come to City Hall to obtain a building permit and zoning regulations for your district prior to making any changes to your property.
COST OF PERMITS ISSUED: Demolition Permits: $50.00
All building permit fees are based on the cost of the project as well as zoning. Fees can only be determined once a permit application has been completed and submitted to City Hall and then approved.
To ease the completion of the permit form, it is suggested that you bring the following items with you:
- Photo Identification
- Property Address
- Owner/Contractor Address and Phone Number
- Cost of Project
- Contractor’s License Number (if applicable)
- Copy of Deed
- Floor plan of building showing dimension of building and square footage
- Plot plan of house located on lot showing setbacks (may be hand drawn)
- Applicant is responsible to provide a to scale drawing and current survey for approval by Building Inspector and/or City Manager of property line location, structure(s), and appropriate setbacks. A plans examining fee of $25.00 will be charged for Building Inspector examination of scale drawing and survey
- Applicant will be responsible for notifying the Building Inspector when an inspection is needed
- Is your property in a flood zone? Use this link to search your address: https://msc.fema.gov/portal